Festivals & Events
Mountains, lakes, plus amazing events, Jasper has got it going on!
|January 12, 2024 - January 28, 2024|
Jasper in January is one of the best times to visit Jasper National Park - it's beautiful and an endless variety of winter activities are at your fingertips. The schedule is usually full of daily canyon ice walks, pond hockey tournaments, Brewpub Bingo, cinema nights and curling bonspiels. There are several outdoor activities available for the outdoorsy type and plenty of indoor opportunities to celebrate the winter season in beautiful Jasper, Alberta.
Jasper in January offers great daily deals and specials at various Jasper restaurants, activity services and yes, the Mount Robson Inn has special offers available too!
Click here to find more information on the Tourism Jasper events page
|February 9, 2024 - February 11, 2024|
|Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge|
Escape the cold winter air and let us fill your mugs with some of the best locally crafted beer. There is no better way to kick off your Super Bowl weekend than becoming a beer expert in one of Canada’s largest National Parks.
|April 12, 2024 - April 21, 2024|
The Jasper Pride Festival has expanded to 10 days to celebrate everything Pride. This year, the focus is on fun on the mountain like you've never experienced before. From parties to skiing to burlesque to outdoor adventures, you'll have endless options for planning an unforgettable trip.
Jasper Pride is a popular event with over a thousand visitors travelling from around the world to attend a marquee pride event in a spectacular mountain setting.
2023 Jasper Pride Events - stay tuned for 2024 updates
*CONTEST ALERT* Book the Jasper Pride Jaunt package deal at Mount Robson Inn and you'll be automatically entered to win the Jasper Pride Prize pack - a future stay valued at $250!
The MRI hotel package itself is designed for anyone who wants:
- to save BIG during the pride festival celebrations
- free parking
- breakfast included
- a special pride snack basket waiting for you in your room
Learn more about the Jasper Pride Jaunt package and Jasper Pride Prize Pack. BOOK NOW!
|April 27, 2024|
Get ready to lace up your running shoes and join the excitement at the Mount Robson Inn for our thrilling marathon event on April 27, 2024! The starting line buzz kicks off at 11:00 am, just near Home Hardware on Sleepy Hollow Road. Don't miss the Late Package Pickup from 11:00 am to 3:15 pm, and be sure to grab your personalized race package at the event site on April 26 or on race day.
Prepare for an action-packed day, including the exhilarating Half Marathon, 10km, and 5km races, followed by the delightful Family Fun Run at 3:30 pm. As you cross the finish line, collect your exclusive branded T-shirt and finisher medal, and refuel with our superb post-race snacks. Remember, every stride supports the Jasper Healthcare Foundation, making a meaningful impact on our community.
Be part of the excitement and book your stay at the Mount Robson Inn today!
Jasper Canadian Rockies Half Marathon Race Day Schedule:
- 11:00 am - 3:15 pm: Late Package Pickup (start area)
- 12:45 pm: Final Race Briefing
- 1:00 pm: Half Marathon Start
- 1:15 pm: 10km Start
- 1:30 pm: 5km Start
- 3:30 pm: Family Fun Run
- 3:45 pm: Awards & Draw Prizing – onsite
- 5:00 pm: Happy hour! Pick your favorite spot!
|October 18, 2024 - November 3, 2024|
Experience the Cosmos Like Never Before at the Jasper Dark Sky Festival!
Welcome to Jasper, where the night sky unveils its celestial wonders in all their glory. Nestled within the breathtaking Jasper National Park, we proudly present the Jasper Dark Sky Festival – an awe-inspiring celebration of the cosmos that promises to transport you to another realm.
Mount Robson Inn - Jasper Dark Sky Festival Getaway Deal - stay tuned for the special offer from Mount Robson Inn!
2023 Events Lineup
- "Symphony Under the Stars" blends music and the cosmos.
- Explore astrophotography at the "Intro to Photography Workshop."
- Dive into Indigenous culture with the "Indigenous Fireside Chat."
- Thrilling "Animals of the Night Hike" and "Geocaching/Dark Sky Treasure Hunt."
- Stargaze with "Planetarium" and "Telescope" experiences
- Groove to the "Jay Ingram and the Dark Sky Band Show."
- Witness the captivating "Drone Light Spectacle."
- Engage in cosmic knowledge with "An Unusual Journey Through the Stars."
- Test your wits at "Trivia Night" and meet up at the "Insta Meet-Up."
- Discover Indigenous culture with "ᐸᐦᑭᓯᒧᐣ pahkisimon."
- Explore nature during "Bio Blitz."
- Experience the grand "Jasper Dark Sky Space Ball."
- Soar on the "Sunset Helicopter Cruise in the Rockies."
- Find serenity with "Yoga Under the Stars."
- Enjoy the "Music of the Night."
- Immerse in "Planetarium Dark Sky Package" and "Planetarium Dome Theatre Experience."
- Conclude with "Animals of the Night Hike" and the final "Geocaching/Dark Sky Treasure Hunt."
- Jasper's Unique Nighttime Wonder:
- Jasper National Park, a Dark Sky Preserve, offers minimal light pollution for a mesmerizing night sky.
One of Canada's 17 Dark Sky Preserves and the second largest in the world, Jasper offers accessible stargazing from town.
Join the Jasper Dark Sky Festival for cosmic revelations. Book your stay at Mount Robson Inn and journey into the cosmos!
|November 1, 2024 - November 11, 2024|
Jasper would like to invite all to our town and Jasper National Park to enjoy events, activities and dining throughout the Town of Jasper, commemorating Remembrance Day. The Veteran Appreciation Event (Vet Fest) is to show our support for our Military Veterans who through their service at home, or overseas, have endured and sacrificed so much for all of us.
The Mount Robson Inn is proud to join in on the festivities and provide a package deal for this special occasion. Veterans, Military, and Vet Fest attendees can enjoy 15% off of their stay and free breakfast - stay tuned for more updates on this special offer for 2024.
|December 23, 2021|
|Pyramid Lake Rd. Jasper, AB Canada T0E 1E0|
Visit with Santa and Jasper the Bear, skate the lake and warm up with hot chocolate, apple cider and s’mores.
|April 30, 2022 - May 1, 2022|
Take to the slopes with your favourite decade attire and enjoy 50% off online lift tickets. DJs will be playing through the day to compliment an epic BBQ will take place from 11am-2pm on Saturday. Then don your onesie or bomber windbreaker at the fashion show on May 1 at 12 pm.
|on until October 2|
|Jasper-Yellowhead Museum & Archives|
The Jasper-Yellowhead Museum & Archives presents an art exhibition all about glaciers, water security, and climate change in Jasper and the Canadian Rocky Mountains.
You'll have a chance to view paintings by various artists from mountain galleries and a climate action plan designed by guardians of the ice outlining how you can make a difference.
Glacial artifacts, maps, and the book Our Vanishing Glaciers by Robert William Sandford Available for purchase.
|December 2022 and January 2023 dates TBA|
Discover holiday magic with those who matter most this year in Jasper. From ice skating atop frozen lakes to cozy afternoons spent fireside, Jasper’s mountain-town charm pairs perfectly with the Christmas season. Join us this December, and feel the welcoming warmth of Jasper hospitality.
Events to check out: Christmas Scavenger Hunt, Pyramid Lake Activities, Gingerbread Decorating, Kids Christmas Colouring Contest, Santa and Jasper the Bear's Skate, Christmas Photobooth
|January 21, 2023|
|Jasper Activity Centre | 305 Bonhomme Street, Jasper, AB|
The first ever Mountain Malanka is coming to Jasper on Saturday, January 21, 2023. This event is a celebration of Ukrainian culture, food, music, visual arts, crafts and dance. It is anticipated to bring together people of Ukrainian heritage, as well as attract audiences of many diverse cultures.
Bring your vyshyvanka and jeans for a night of Ukrainian culture, food, music & celebration as everyone rings in the old new year.
Book your stay at Mount Robson Inn - 20% Off Any Available Room Type
We're only a 15 minute walk to the Malanka Venue (1.2km)
Use promo code: Festival2023 to access the 20% reduction on any available room type.
Date: Saturday January 21, 2023
Time: 5:00pm cocktails | 6:00pm dinner | 7:30pm performances | 9:00pm dance
Venue: Jasper Activity Centre, Jasper, Alberta
Tickets: $90+taxes/adult (13+) | $60+taxes/youth (5-12) | children under 5 free
Performances by: Volya Ukrainian Dancers, Ukrainian Male Chorus of Edmonton and Euphoria Ukrainian Band
Purchase your tickets HERE
Questions? Contact [email protected].
|June 3, 2023|
The Gran Fondo Jasper is a cycling event meant to bring every adventure (and fitness) level to the roads of the real Rockies, with four different routes to choose from. The event is the second Gran Fondo in North America to be held completely within a national park.
|June 3, 2023|
|Lake Louise to Jasper|
Breathe in the fresh Rocky Mountain air, explore glacial rivers, lakes forests and more as you participate in this unique relay together with teams of other running enthusiasts.
Sequential runners from each team will pass the baton 15 times to complete a total of 257.7 km. The South Phase (from Lake Louise to the Saskatchewan River Crossing) happens simultaneously with the North Phase (Norman Creek to Jasper) in order to complete the race within daylight hours. Click here for more information on the individual course stages.
|July 1st, 2023|
The Canada Day celebration in Jasper is always a blast! Several events throughout the day mean dancing in the streets from dawn until dusk!
8:30 am to 10:30 am - Pancake Breakfast
- 5 and under are FREE
- bring your own plate and cutlery to reduce waste
- Commemoration Park
11:00 am to 12:00 pm - Flag Raising
- raise the flag, sign the anthem, and celebrate with cake
- location TBD
1:00 pm - Wild & Free Parade
- A momentous family event for all ages - make sure you catch the candy!
- begin finding your spot around 12:00 pm
- The parade will begin at the corner of Bonhomme St and Pyramid Lake Rd, turning south on to the Connaught Dr. As it passes the downtown core of Jasper, it will loop back onto Patricia Street via Hazel Ave. The final leg and last opportunity to observe the procession will be along Elm Ave.
2:00 PM to 5:00 PM - Artisan Market
3:00 pm to 9:00 pm - Picnic in the Park
- Bring your picnic blanket and lawn chairs for this one because it’s Picnic in the Park! See out the evening with some of Jasper’s favourite bands and special guests. Bouncy castles and lawn games for the kids, Beer Garden for adults, food vendors and BBQ. Lineup to be announced soon!
- Commemoration Park
10:00 pm to 1:00 am - Rooftop Party
- DJ Greetings, special drink pricing and Canada day festivities
- Jasper Pizza Place
- $20 Admission - buy tickets online
|July 15, 2023|
All across the country Canadians will be celebrating the importance of our parks and historic sites and, in Jasper, the Friends of Jasper National Park will be hosting the party! You won’t want to miss the guided hikes and outdoor activities, fundraising barbecue, interpretive displays, aboriginal drummers and dancers, children’s activities, family entertainment and MORE that will take place throughout the park. The big party will take place on Saturday, July 21 but events will take place all weekend-long!
|November 25, 2023|
|Start at Jasper Activity Centre, up to Pyramid Lake and back|
From the town of Jasper you will enjoy a wonderful mountain climb up Pyramid Lake Road! Following our namesake, you have 3 distances to choose from:
- Full Pint 16k
- Half Pint 8k
- Pinot 5k
- Babes 1K
Registration: Only 400 entries available
Start/Finish location: on Pyramid Lake Road, just west of Bonhomme St., adjacent to the Jasper Activity Centre
More information about the routes, SWAG and registration can be found on the event website